The Most Incredible Sensation on Earth

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Friday, February 4, 2022

Oscar-Nominated 'Juno' Actor Publicly Comes Out As A Transgender Male Named Elliot

 


The actor, who was formerly known publicly as Ellen Page, took to social media and shared a statement.

Juno actor Ellen Page has released a statement revealing to fans that they are now a transgender male named Elliot. 

No stranger to fame, Page first became known for his role in the series Pit Pony, for which he won a Young Artist Award, and then for his recurring roles in Trailer Park Boys and ReGenesis. He received further recognition for his role in the film Hard Candy for which he won the Austin Film Critics Association's Award for Best Actress. The film from which you most likely know him, however, is Juno. Juno is a 2007 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Jason Reitman that stars Elliot Page in the leading role as 16-year-old Minnesota high-schooler Juno MacGuff, who discovers she is pregnant by her friend and longtime admirer, Paulie Bleeker. Juno won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay and earned three other Oscar nominations, including Best Picture and Best Actress for Page. Page currently plays Vanya Hargreeves in the Netflix series The Umbrella Academy, a role that is still active. Elliot is currently due to commence filming on the third season of the hit Netflix series, although it is unknown whether his personal news will be reflected in the show's storyline. 

Juno

 

On February 14, 2014, Page came out as gay, and in a speech made to LGTBQ youth, the actor shared that he hoped his news would help others struggling with their sexuality, saying: 'I'm here today because I am gay. And because maybe I can make a difference.'

In January 2018, Page married dancer and choreographer Emma Portner. 

On December 1, 2020, Page came out as transgender on his social media accounts, specified his pronouns as he/him and they/them, and revealed his new name, Elliot Page.

The now 33-year-old took to Twitter and Instagram to share the emotional statement saying "Hi friends, I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot".

"I feel lucky to be writing this. To have arrived at this place in my life."

"My job is real, but it is also fragile," he writes, adding: "The truth is, despite feeling profoundly happy right now and knowing how much privilege I carry, I am also scared."

 

 

 

Elliot's wife shares nothing but praise for this brave revelation, writing: 

"I am so proud of Elliot Page. Trans, queer and non-binary people are a gift to this world. I also ask for patience & privacy but that you join me in the fervent support of trans life every single day. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself. Shine on sweet E. Love you so much."

The official Umbrella Academy account also shared some kind words, commenting: "So proud of our superhero!! WE LOVE YOU ELLIOT!!!". 

Source: shared.us

Post Top Ad

Pages